Improve your golf game by simply following a few basic exercises before you tee off.
Before each golf game take a little time to stretch and warm your body up. Allowing your body to limber up, you will notice that the strain of the first tee off is greatly reduced and your game will improve. Make sure you have at least 1-2 liters of water while you’re on the course to prevent dehydration.
Here's some stretches you can do before your golf game. Enjoy!
1. Start by holding a golf club in front of you.
2. Keeping your back flat and legs semi straight bend forward and reach your club towards the ground.
3. Hold this position for 1-2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
4. Repeat for 8 - 10 repetitions.
1. Start by placing your golf club on the ground and hold onto the end of the club.
2. Place one leg forward keeping your knee straight.
3. Lean forward keeping your back flat until you feel a stretch in the back of your front leg.
4. Hold this stretch for about 30 seconds and then repeat with the other leg.
Lateral Side Bend
1. Start by holding a golf club above your head with your arms extended.
2. Slowly bend laterally to one side until a comfortable stretch is felt. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
3. Bend side to side for 8 - 10 repetitions.
1. Hold a golf club with one hand and place it behind you with your hand over your shoulder.
2. Reach back with the bottom hand and grab onto the club head.
3. Using your upper hand pull the club up towards the ceiling until a stretch is felt in the opposite shoulder.
4. Hold for about 30 seconds and then repeat with the other side.
1. Hold a golf club out in front of your chest and arms extended.
2. Rotate your trunk and shoulders to the left side until a stretch is felt in your torso. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
Dust Golf Training Innovative golf training advice and golf tips to help you lower your golf score.